Poseidon Filter Rocks
Ammonia is the #1 killer of backyard and aquarium fish. Keep ammonia in check with natural Zeolite, Poseidon Filter Rocks.
Why Choose Poseidon Filter Rocks
- Poseidon Pond Rocks enhance the ability of a ponds biological filtering capacity using 100% natural Zeolite to remove ammonia and other harmful toxic substances that build up from fish and algae.
- Strengthen the biological environment and help keep your fish healthy.
How it Works
- At the start of each season, in either mature or new ponds, there is a lack of nitrifying bacteria which controls ammonia and nitrite levels.
- Fish can die of ammonia poisoning during the development of the biological filter during the first few weeks.
- Poseidon Pond Rocks attract and hold ammonia, making an ideal surface for the growth of nitrifying bacteria. The healthy bacteria grow faster to produce a larger and more active filtering system to control ammonia levels in backyard ponds.
- Pond Rocks are an excellent biological filter media, however will not replace particulate filtration methods.
- Place in the same area as current biological media, leaving ample space for current conditions, minimal impact beyond reduced ammonia levels on aqua-culture is the desired effect.
- 1lb of Pond Rocks for every 30 gallons of water or 10lbs of Pond Rocks for every 300 gallons of water.
- Pond Rocks are roughly 2”–3” in diameter.
- Pond Rocks are available in 5lb bags.